Proficient Teacher accreditation is a workplace-based process that supports teachers to develop their practice against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (the Standards).
How to apply
- Read the Standards and ensure that your practice aligns with them.
- Collect evidence of your teaching practice during your accreditation timeframe. You upload your evidence in your NESA online account (eTAMS) as you collect it.
- Speak to your principal, service director or Teacher Accreditation Authority (TAA) to have a supervisor assigned.
- Once you have been assigned a supervisor, discuss your teaching practice and progress towards accreditation with them.
- Arrange for your supervisor to observe your teaching practice and write an observation report about your practice.
Requirements for achieving Proficient Teacher are in the Proficient Teacher Accreditation Policy.